- It is our policy to see Sick patients as soon as possible; therefore ALL of our Sick Visits are scheduled on the Same Day. All urgent requests will be accomodated on the same day during regular office hours.
- It is our policy to make every attempt to schedule your appointment with your Primary Care Clinician for continuity of care.
- We do our best to accommodate our families and to be on time for all of our appointments. Unfortunately, when patients arrive late, it can affect our entire schedule and impact other families. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that you will be seen if you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment. Patients who arrive after that time may need to reschedule for another day or time.
- It is our policy that children 2 and up come for Yearly Physical Exams and infants follow the scheduled visits approved by the American Academy of Pediatrics. For more information about Physical Exams, please visit our Our Services page.
- It is our policy that if a patient is sick and has no active Insurance, we will still treat the patient under the understanding that the parent is responsible for the bill of service. Non-urgent appointments will be asked to reschedule if payment cannot be made on the date of service. Please see below for our Payment & Fees policies.
- Spanish and Portuguese Interpretors are available for patients who need them upon request.
- Co-payments are due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
- Our clinical staff is available during normal office hours for clinical advise and to answer any questions you may have. We make every attempt to take your calls in a prompt manner; however, in some instances, we may need to take a message and return your call. All calls are returned by the end of each business day.
- Please allow 1-2 days for Prescription re-fills to be fulfilled. Most prescriptions are sent electronically to the pharmacy in your file. Controlled substances cannot be sent electronically and must be printed and signed manually. Parent must pick up prescription in our office. You may be asked to sign for the pick up and provide a photo ID.
- For patients under the age of 18, it is our policy that a parent or legal guardian be present for the appointment. If you cannot make your child's visit, we ask that you fill out a Consent To Treat Minor Children Form giving us permission to treat the child in your absence.
- New patients are accepted into the practice up to the age of 18.
We accept most Insurance Plans, including but not limited to:
- BMC Healthnet
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Tufts Public Plans
- Children's Medical Security Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Tufts Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- United Health
- Fallon Community Health
Payments and Fees
Our staff and Providers recognize and are sensitive to the high cost of health care and we strive to provide the highest quality cost effective care. Complying with our payment policies helps to keep costs down.
If your Insurance requires a co-payment, it is expected at the time of the visit. Co-payments not paid at the time of the visit can be billed but will be subsequent to a $5.00 billing fee.
We will bill your Insurance for the visit and, depending upon your Insurance plan, you may be responsible for a portion or all of the charges for a visit; you will be billed for these charges.
If you have no insurance, payment is required at the time of service. It is our policy that if a patient is sick and has no active Insurance, we will still treat the patient under the understanding that the parent is responsible for the bill of service. Non-urgent appointments will be asked to reschedule if payment cannot be made on the date of service. Please ask to speak to Receptionist of Billing Department to inquire about our out of pocket fees for specific visits.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please ask to speak to the Billing Department so that they may assist you in scheduling a payment plan.
We accept the following forms of payments:
- Money Order
No Shows and Cancellations
If you cannot make an appointment you have scheduled, we ask that you please call to cancel 24 hours prior to appointment. If the appointment is No Showed without notice, you may be subject to a $25.00 Fee.
Frequently no showing appointments may result in dismissal from practice.
In 2006, Allied Pediatrics became one of the first practices in the the area to switch to an Electronic Medical Record System (EMR). This means your child's record is available in its entirety to any Provider in each of our locations.
We strictly maintain Patient Confidentiality as REQUIRED by HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). Per HIPAA, all medical records requests must be made by filling out a HIPAA Compliant Medical Release Form.
Medical Records are prepared as PDF Files and burned on CD's compatible with most computers. You may need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view your record. Please allow 3-5 business days for your request to be completed.
There is a $25 fee for a Paper copy of medical records.